Cecil Early College's Uniform Policy
On-Campus Dress Code Requirements
The school uniform consists of school logoed top and khaki, navy or black bottoms and closed toed shoes. The school uniform top consists of a school polo. A school sweatshirt may be worn over the Tee or polo. Non-school jackets must be taken off upon entering the school building. The school uniform bottom consists of khaki, navy blue or black shorts, slacks, or skorts. These items may be purchased from any retail location you choose. The only restrictions are as follows:
- No cargo pockets
- No jeans of any kind
- No leggings, tights, yoga pants, sweat pants, or elastic cuffs
- Shorts must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee, as determined by administration.
- No visible undergarments.
- Nothing that causes a distraction, eg: sagging pants where undergarments are exposed.
- No visible piercings other than modest earrings or studs in ears/nose only.
- In cases where an individual student must be reminded of any of the policies more than once, the student will be referred to the front office for disciplinary action, including calling home to either have proper attire brought to school so the student can change or being signed out and sent home.
Hair and Headgear
Hair must be neat and clean with no "unnatural" colors that will pose a distraction to the learning process will be permitted (i.e. fluorescent, pink, bright green, etc.). No hats, bandanas, or headbands wider than 2 inches may be worn unless it coincides with a school activity. Headbands must either be solid blue, black, or white. No athletic headbands can be worn at any time unless at P.E. Head coverings associated with a religious preference are permissible.
To ensure the safest environment for your child please have him/her wear sneakers or similar closed-toed shoes. Students are prohibited from wearing the following footwear: slides, flip-flops, Crocs, heels higher than two inches or any shoe that will cause a distraction or are deemed unsafe, to include combat boots, cowboy boots, or anything with a pointed toe. This includes dress down days.
As part of the uniform, students are expected to wear their ID on a daily basis to include all school functions and on dress down days. The first I.D. card is free but a replacement card will need to be purchased at a cost of $3.
Violation of Uniform Policy
Dress code will be strictly enforced. Parents/guardians will ensure that their child is dressed in uniform clothing in accordance with the dress code established by Bold City Education. Repeated violations will result in a referral to the administrative staff for disciplinary action.