Juan Carlos Gonzalez
Vice-Chair / Secretary
The Bold City Education Governing Board is comprised of community supporters, educators, and parents committed to bringing tuition-free public charter schools to Duval County and the State of Florida.
This Board is responsible for legal and financial obligations, establishing policy consistent with the schools' mission, and ensuring that the programs and operations of the school are faithful to the terms of the charter.
We are a self-governed school that does not employ a charter management company, nor an education service provider, nor a charter management organization.
Any public records requests regarding Bold City Education should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All emails sent to the board are subject to public records requests and Florida Sunshine Law.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DATES ARE ONLY PROPOSED MEETING DATES AND TIMES. IN THE EVENT THAT THE DATE MUST BE CHANGED, A NOTICE WILL BE POSTED NO LATER THAN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
Process for the Public to make comments at a Bold City Education Board Meeting:
Any person may submit written public comments emailed to email@example.com by 12:30 pm of the day of the Bold City Education Board meeting. Be advised that this email address will be used only for obtaining public comments for Bold City Education Board Meetings and should not be used for any other purpose or question.
- Each individual must include his/her name, address, and what organization, if any, s/he represents. Anonymous comments will not be accepted therefore, each written comment must include the person’s name and address.
- Written comments must be limited to 3 minutes (approximately 400 words) and must refrain from direct questions to Board members, the Superintendent, School Staff, or members of the audience.
- Comments that include profane or vulgar language or personal attacks will not be included.
- All emails received will be retained as public records pursuant to chapter 119, F.S.
- Written public comments that are timely submitted and comply with these requirements will be read into the Board Meeting Record.
- Written public comments that are not timely or that do not comply with these requirements will not be included as part of the Board Meeting Record.
Parents should follow the steps below to resolve classroom or student concerns.
- Attempt to resolve concerns directly with the classroom teacher.
- Contact the Principal of the school and the classroom teacher to resolve the concern.
- Contact the principal, the classroom teacher, and the education director.
- Parent Liaison to the Board: In the event that a child's guardian feels unable to resolve an issue with their student's instructor and/or the school administrators, they should escalate their concerns to the parent liaison at each school and include all the individuals listed above. The parent liaison will present concerns to the board in an appropriate way that protects each student's privacy.
San Jose Prep
Information on Joining the Board
- Community Engagement Committees Roles & Responsibilities
- Membership Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- Fundraising Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Finance Committee Roles & Responsibilities
If interested in joining a Board Committee please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a person suspects misconduct by school staff is affecting the health, safety, and welfare of a student, they should contact the school principal, the superintendent, and the parent liaison. If a child is in immediate danger, call 911. Anyone who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect that a child is abused, abandoned, or neglected must report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline: 1-800-96-ABUSE